After reading and posting John Newman's Hypothesis from his new book Countdown-to-Darkness,
I recalled having put together my own hypothesis at the request of Professor Ken Rahn, that I did some years ago.
Hypothesis is "a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation."
So I decided to give it another crack and here goes:
Bill Kelly's Hypothesis on the Assassination of JFK
1) Regardless of whether the chief suspect was the lone assassin or a patsy, whatever you believe happened at Dealey Plaza was a covert intelligence operation - CIO - that utilized standard covert operational procedures and techniques and was designed to protect the actual sponsors.
2) The domestic anti-Communist network responsible for planning and executing the operation had performed similar operations in the past and continues to do so today, and at the time - 1963 - was deeply entwined and overlapping operations in Cuba, and Cuba is the key to unlocking the identity of the network.
3) The Operational Plan was originally devised to have snipers kill Castro with high powered rifles as he rode in an open jeep, as he often did, a plan (Pathfinder) that was "disapproved by higher authority," taken off the shelf by those who conducted it, and used to kill the higher authority himself.
4) This Operational Plan (Pathfinder) included a black propaganda psychological warfare twist to blame the murder on Communists - an aspect of the plan included in the Dealey Plaza Operation (DPO) to blame the murder on Castro Cuban Communists.
5) The Dealey Plaza operation was designed to be publicly viewed and officially investigated as a conspiracy of at least two snipers - albet a Cuban Communist conspiracy, but this part of the OP was rejected by President Johnson the evening of the assassination and replaced with the (Phase Two) deranged lone nut scenario. [See: The Tipping Point ]
6) Since there is no statute of limitations on murder, the legally unresloved homicide of the president and those murders associated directly with it (Tippit, Oswald, Kothe, Giancana, Rosselli, Meyer, et al) should be active investigations, especially with the upcoming release of previously sealed records that could help resolve these cases.